Saturday, December 6, 2008

prayer

I had a great chance to talk about prayer tonight and sort of... the order of things.

When Jesus taught us to pray, he taught us to begin with the words "Our Father..."

But how often we forget that ONLY through Christ are we even allowed to say those words with any sense of what they mean!!!

I believe that for a daily prayer routine to be effective that you need to daily remind yourself of your need for the gospel, as we are ALL sinners and daily remind ourselves that we are called to be a living sacrifice to God.

I find the imagery of being clothed in the righteousness of Christ so compelling and beautiful when I really think about it. I mean... how awesome is that?! For nothing we've done, we get to reap the rewards of Christ's resurrection and triumph over sin!

God is good.

I am excited for the opportunities God is putting forth in my life for growth and trust that He will give me the strength to capitalize on them.

May God daily remind you of your need for Christ and remind you that ONLY through Him are we made worthy.

No comments: