Monday, December 8, 2008

conviction.

As the days go by, and I find myself more frequently in prayer and actual study times... I find myself daily more convicted of my shortcomings that I believe find me in the place I am today.

I have come to realize that for nearly the last 25 years, I have been scared of responsibility, and though I've made some weak attempts at taking hold of that... I feel it's time for me to stop reacting, and start planning.

I have spent far too much time in a reactive state of mind, just sort of dealing with whatever may come my way, instead of allowing Christ to lead me through all my circumstances.

I need to lean on Christ in all things, and trust that He cared enough for me to work out the details.

I have lacked the initiative that I believe we are called to have in our lives. I have lacked the pro-activeness that I believe is necessary to truly connect with God's world.

From this day forward, it is my desire to cease my reactivity and become a man who takes responsibility and initiative in the places that I should. No longer will I dwell in this apathy and stagnancy... I should be living a life worthy of the calling I've received... and to this day, I don't feel I've been doing that.

May God bring us out of our apathy in life and into a life of initiative.

Scripture to consider:
Isaiah 53
Psalm 33
Ephesians 5
James 1

No comments: