Friday, December 5, 2008

liberated.

well. Today marks the first day in my recent life without facebook. what a crazy feeling. it's weird, because right now I REALLY want to just check my facebook and see what's going on... but, in a crazy turn of events... I can't!!! haha

It's a pretty cool feeling to have let go of something that was holding a very strong pull on my life.

In other news... I've been thinking about another movie quote from a lovely little comedy.

"When you pray for patience, God gives you opportunities to be patient. When you pray for strength, God gives you opportunities to be strong."

I don't think that's exactly how it goes, but you get the idea.

In all that is going on around me, whereas I feel it would be easy to lose hope... I believe at the same time that my prayers are being answered. This is an opportunity for me to develop strength and patience, discipline and courage.

God, I pray that you would give me the strength to rise above the circumstances in my life and be the man I believe you are calling me to be. I thank you for the grace you've put into my life and again come to you a sinner in need of a savior. I pray that you would accept my body as a living sacrifice to you and that you would forever see me clothed in the righteousness of Christ and bring me closer to you. Amen.

For anyone who might be keeping up with me on here... I pray that in your life God might give you grace enough to be a light to the darkness in this world... and the courage to boldly step into the darkness.

God Bless.

How great the pain of searing loss
The Father turns His face away
As wounds which mar the Chosen One
Bring many sons to glory.

No comments: