Wednesday, December 3, 2008

building a fire.

I had the pleasure tonight to recall a rather insightful thought from a very inappropriate movie...

it's called "making love" for a reason.

Love isn't easy. Love isn't something that just "happens" and it's far more than just a feeling. After almost a year, I've decided that Boston wins... more than a feeling.

A spark can come out of nowhere... it can come from a tinder, or a match, or seemingly from thin air...

A fire takes effort. A fire takes time. A fire keeps you warm. A fire can burn.

I've been told by a reliable source (read: my mom) that generally around this time of the year... I'm a wreck. It seems that right around Christmas and right before my birthday I seem to develop some sort of complex.

Maybe it's because I'm terrified of the aging process... and right now I'm pretty sure I'm having a quarter life crisis, but I do believe that we daily wake up with a responsibility to hold ourselves accountable to our fellow brothers and sisters in Christ.

I've got a long list of failings and I think I've only really decided to take ownership of them over the last couple of days.

I pray that God might grant you all the strength to realize where your weaknesses are and give you the courage to come up against them. I pray that you might all daily learn to come to Christ and appreciate that only through Him are we granted the ability to stand.

I'll leave you with these words. I'm gonna start digging into this lil' hymn more over the next couple days.

How deep the Father's love for us
How vast beyond all measure
That He should give His only Son
To make a wretch His treasure

No comments: